Within a multi-day quote, it’s very common for packages, quote meeting rooms and hotels to span multiple days. When these items are added directly to the quote, they can span multiple days. However, when added this way, the rates, Pax and other fields must be the same for all days. This may be difficult for quotes where one day has more people or one day has weekend or holiday rates in place.
To make this scenario easier, we’ve created the Clone tab on Quotes. Using this tab, you can clone existing components to different dates, then modify Pax, rates, and more on the newly cloned record.
This feature is used when:
- Working on a single Quote and adding components that need to be added to multiple days, but not necessarily an entire range of dates (ex. Weekdays only)
- Components need to be added to all days of a quote, but have different values on those dates (Pax, rates, etc.)
How to use the Clone Tab
1. From your Quote, click on the Clone (Clone Selection) tab.
2. Select your clone from date
By default, the first day of the quote is selected as the Date to clone. The is the day from which you are cloning records.
Select the date range (Clone from to Clone to dates) for the cloned record. It could be a single day or multiple days. If a single day, clone from and clone to date will be the same.
3. Click on Clone to date
If you select a clone date after your clone to date, the default behavior will be to create your cloned records all days in your date range.
If you don't want to clone the record to every day of the range, you can also use the day selector. As an example, for a weeklong quote, you may want to clone records to all weekdays, but exclude Saturday and Sunday. In this scenario you would Crtl + click on Monday to Friday.
4. Select the records you'd like to clone.
Select the components or available records to clone. If you want to clone all objects, check the select all objects box.
5. Click on Create to start your clone
6. See success message and return to related tab to view cloned records.