Share, Schedule, and Subscribe to Reports
- Understand how to share reports using folders
- Schedule and subscribe to reports
Report Visibility and Folders
To make sure that the right team members have access to the right data and reports, you can use reports visibility options and folders. This will allow your team to organise and share reports according to their needs. Your admin controls who has access to the contents of a folder and can make a folder available to all users in the entire organisation or make it private so only the owner has access.
Reports Visibility Options
When running reports, you have the following visibility options:
- Recent: A list of reports recently viewed. This is the Reports tab default view.
- Created by Me: All reports you created.
- Private Reports: All reports you created and can only be seen by you.
- Public Reports: All reports saved in the Public Reports folder. These reports are available to everyone.
- All Reports: All reports you have access to. Your reports and reports shared with you by others.
- All folders: All folders you have access to.
- Created by Me: Folders you created.
- Shared with Me: Folders created by others and shared with you
Share a Report
By default, reports you create will be saved in your Private Reports folder. If you want other users to access your report, you will need to share your report by moving it to a public folder.
From the Reports tab page, go to your 'Private Reports'
folder and click the down arrow
next to the report you want to share.
2. Click on 'Edit'
3. Click the down arrow next to 'Save' and click on 'Properties'
4. Select the folder where you want to save the report, then click on 'Save'.
Now all users who have access to the folder you have selected will have access to the Report you created.
Schedule and Subscribe to a Report
If you frequently need to run or export a report, you can schedule or subscribe the report(s) to yourself and/or your team. This important feature automatically sends refreshed report results by email on the scheduled day.
You can schedule reports for the sales team for a weekly sales meeting, or run a Daily Events report for your operations team's weekly meetings.
If you send the scheduled report to other users, please make sure that all recipients have access to the folder where the report is saved.
- From the Reports tab page, click the arrow next to the report to which you want to subscribe. Then select 'Subscribe' from the menu. If you've already subscribed to a report, but want to change the schedule, take the same action.
- Set the Subscription Schedule. Select the Frequency, Day and Time you would like to receive the report. The report is usually emailed within 30 minutes of the Preferred Start Time selected.
- To have the results delivered as an attached files, click 'Attach File' and select the attachment type, then click 'Save'.
- You are automatically selected as a 'Recipient'. To add others or remove yourself, click 'Edit Recipients'. Only the users, groups, or roles with permission to access the report are shown in the list of matches. Select from the matching options and click 'Add'.
- Under 'Run Report As', specify whose perspective is used when running the report.
- Me: You run the report, and recipients see the same report data that you see.
- Another Person: Recipients see the same report data as the person you select. The person must have permission to run reports and have access to this report.
- Optionally, you can also select 'Add conditions to this report'. The report is emailed only if all conditions are met.
- Click on 'Save'.
Overview: Reports & Dashboards
Objectives Understand the differences between report, dashboard and report type. Get familiar with Report and Dashboards features and concepts. Reports and Dashboards provide the answers to the questions which are important for an ...
How to Build a Dashboard
Objectives Get familiar with dashboard feature and terminology Create a dashboard with the Dashboard Builder What is a Dashboard? Reports make it easy to access and visualise data to make it insightful and actionable. Dashboard take it one step ...
Navigation Menu and Components
Navigation Menu and Components This article is created to provide a quick overview of the navigation menu and its components. Some users may call this the 'home page'. Customizable Brand Logo - your company logo should appear here. App Launcher ...
How to Build a Report
Objectives Gather the information needed to build a report Create a new report using the Report Builder Report Requirements When you create a report, the criteria you enter is essentially a question you are asking, and the results returned are the ...
Objectives Understand what Filter Logic is and when to use it Understand how to add Filter Logic to your reports What is Filter Logic? If you have more than one filter in a report, adding filter logic will let you specify conditions for your filters ...