Upload a Rooming List into Thynk
How to Upload a Rooming List into Thynk
Once a quote/booking is confirmed in Thynk, Thynk can generate reservations and send them to the PMS. When the client sends you a rooming list to the hotel, the Thynk user can generate a rooming list spreadsheet from Thynk and either send it to the client to insert guest names, or have your team enter the guest names into the rooming list, and upload it back into Thynk. Once uploaded, it updates your PMS.
1. Find the quote/booking
You can find the booking different ways, e.g. by pulling up the account first, and then finding the booking there, or through the search - as below. and click on it to open it up.
2. Click on the correct quote/booking (e.g. IBM Quarterly Meeting2)
3. Click on 'Reservations' to view that Reservations have already been created
Because this booking is confirmed, Thynk has already generated the reservations and sent to the PMS.
4. To Generate the Rooming List, look in the quote/booking's Details
5. Click on the 'Edit' button on 'Generate Rooming List'
6. Check 'Generate Rooming List'
7. Click on 'Save'
8. To find the Rooming List you have just created, click on 'Documents' or 'Notes & Attachments' (Depending on how your org is set up)
9. You will find the file here. Click on 'Rooming List IBM Quarterly Meeting2' (example)
Note: if the Excel spreadsheet does not appear right away, please refresh the screen.
10. Click on 'Download'
11. Thynk will download a spreadsheet with the booking's reservation numbers
On the example, you will see that there are blank columns. You can then either enter the guest names, or send to your client to complete this.
When completing this spreadsheet, you can leave some columns blank. If you don't have all guest names, you can just complete the ones you have. You can also amend the arrival and departure dates, but you must be careful because Excel will save those fields in the wrong format.
You can click on 'Upload File' button or drag and drop your completed Rooming List here. It will then update the PMS instantly.
13. Thynk will save the rooming list you have just uploaded in 'Documents' or 'Notes & Attachments' (Depending on how your org is set up)
14. If you need to make a change to a reservation or add new reservations, regenerate the rooming list and make changes in the newly downloaded spreadsheet, and upload it again. (Repeat Step 6 to 13.)
See a list of your records based on your own filters by creating a List View. A List View is a simple and very effective tool of Salesforce, which allows you to create a list of accounts, contacts, bookings, etc. yourself without having to create a ...
Thynk - Mews PMS Integration Guide
Thynk - Mews PMS Integration Guide Introduction & Benefits This guideline document explains the two-way integration between Mews PMS and Thynk.Cloud. Benefits of Installing a PMS Integration Include… Increased visibility for Sales/Events teams into ...
How to Edit a List View
As a salesforce user, you can create and edit your List Views by adding or removing columns and specifying criteria. On the Home Page, click on 'Accounts' and a list of 'Views' will appear. Here click on the List View that has been created but you ...
Thynk - Opera PMS Integration Guide
Thynk - Opera Integration Guide Introduction & Benefits The two-way integration between Thynk and Opera is facilitated by Hapi Cloud, the cloud data hub and integration platform. Hapi is based on an open model, to which multiple layers of encryption, ...
PMS Account Overview
Overview Thynk centralizes POS and PMS data to offer a holistic view of every corporate account and direct contact, however, duplicate accounts and contacts, and ‘dirty data’ are often the unfortunate reality of any PMS or POS. Thynk offers a ...