Upload a Rooming List into Thynk
How to Upload a Rooming List into Thynk
Once a quote/booking is confirmed in Thynk, Thynk can generate reservations and send them to the PMS. When the client sends you a rooming list, the Thynk user can generate a rooming list spreadsheet from Thynk and either send it to the client to insert guest names, or have your team enter the guest names into the rooming list, and upload it back into Thynk. Once uploaded, Thynk updates your PMS.
1. Find the quote/booking
You can find the booking different ways, e.g. by pulling up the account first, and then finding the booking there, or through the global search feature on the top middle of your home page.
2. Click on the correct quote/booking (e.g. IBM Quarterly Meeting2)
3. Click on 'Reservations' to view that Reservations have already been created
Because this booking is confirmed, Thynk has already generated the reservations and sent to the PMS.
4. To actually get a downloadable spreadsheet, you will need to still 'Generate the Rooming List'. Look in the quote/booking's Details on the left side of the booking.
5. Click on the 'Edit' button on 'Generate Rooming List'
6. Check 'Generate Rooming List'
7. Click on 'Save'
8. To find the Rooming List you have just created, click on 'Documents' or 'Notes & Attachments' (Depending on how your org is set up)
9. You will find the file here. Click on 'Rooming List IBM Quarterly Meeting2' (example)
Note: if the Excel spreadsheet does not appear right away, please refresh the screen.
10. Click on 'Download'
11. Thynk will download a spreadsheet with the booking's reservation numbers
On the example, you will see that there are blank columns. You can then either enter the guest names, or send to your client to complete this.
When completing this spreadsheet, you can leave some columns blank. If you don't have all guest names, you can just complete the ones you have. You can also amend the arrival and departure dates, but you must be careful because Excel will save those fields in the wrong format.
You can click on 'Upload File' button or drag and drop your completed Rooming List here. It will then update the PMS instantly.
13. Thynk will save the rooming list you have just uploaded in 'Documents' or 'Notes & Attachments' (Depending on how your org is set up)
14. If you need to make a change to a reservation or add new reservations, regenerate the rooming list and make changes in the newly downloaded spreadsheet, and upload it again. (Repeat Step 6 to 13.)
Rooming List FAQ
Does Thynk support individual pickup? Yes, Thynk supports both individual pickup and standard rooming list functionality. If the “Individual Pickup” checkbox is set to true at the booking level, then reservations will be created in Thynk and sent to ...
How to Check a Booking has Been Sent to the PMS
Learning Objectives This article will help you …. Understand how you can check if a booking has been sent to your PMS Understand who decides at what point a booking is sent to the PMS Know how to confirm if a booking has been sent successfully to ...
August 2023 Product Updates
Accounts & Contacts Accounts are companies with whom you are doing business. They may include agencies. Contacts are people working for these companies and agencies. To help maintain up to date Account information, a new field was added on the ...
May 2023 Product Updates
Bookings Bookings contain details such as the account information, contact for the booking, guest rooms blocked, function rooms, commissions, packages, and more. Here are the latest updates to help you manage your bookings more effectively and ...
List View: Bookings by Owner for Current Year
Learning Objectives At the end of this lesson you will know how to…. See your bookings for the current arrival year ‘Bookings by Owner Current Year’ List View In a previous lesson we explained about List Views and how to edit them in Thynk. List ...