As Salesforce’s user, you may be able to create and edit your records.
- Each section within the objects will be called a record.
- If you want to add a new company, in the “Account” object, you will get a new account record. In other words, the record is a line of the list.
Create & Edit a Record
- To create a new record, you have to click on "New" (1) in the top right hand corner of the page. Depending on the category/ section you are, you will have to fill different information.
- To edit an existing record, click on this specific record
- When you have clicked on this specific record, you will see the screen hereunder
- On top, you will see the main information of your record
- Here we selected the Jiya Saud Company, which is one record of the Accounts object
- To edit the company’s information, you have two ways:
- Click on the edit button next to the information you want to fill/ edit
- Click on “Edit” on the top hand right side of the screen
Don't forget to save your changes before leaving the page!